Federal Desktop Cloud Computing Initiative (FDCCI V3)
Federal Desktop Cloud Computing Initiative (FDCCI V3)
The Federal Desktop Cloud Computing Initiative (FDCCI V3) is a mandate from the V3 Systems management team that allows Government agencies to solve the multiple challenges associated with desktop virtualization projects, such as low performance, high costs, and complex architecture. The promise of desktop virtualization was to deliver a personalized high fidelity experience for end-users across sessions and devices. To enable higher availability and agility of desktop services unmatched by traditional PCs while reducing the total cost of desktop ownership by 50%. To allow end-users to enjoy new levels of productivity and the freedom to access desktops from more devices and locations while giving IT greater policy control. So far those attempts have failed. Desktop virtualization delivered on a server virtualization platform causes a denial of service attack on the SAN, thus providing an end-user experience that is less than desirable. Until now…
V3 Systems helps Agency CIOs in this challenging environment by eliminating barriers to success that include a lack of upfront funding, an aggressive time line for ROI, poor visibility into the existing IT supply chain, and organizational resistance to change. CIOs need a three-pronged approach to meet performance, cost, and strategic architecture targets for their desktop virtualization projects and goals. They must manage critical success factors at the program level, while simultaneously leveraging incontestable deep-dive data to streamline day-to-day operations. Agencies without detailed insight, agile control and ability to execute provided by a robust Desktop Cloud Computing Architecture will be less able to realize the multiple opportunities for efficiency and performance that currently exist in the desktop virtualization projects across their IT supply chain.
Though the challenges to desktop virtualization are considerable, CIOs have never had so many opportunities to meet these challenges and achieve higher performance levels, high availability, and price performance. Resource virtualization, standardization, automation and cloud computing are key techniques now available to help eliminate waste from today’s enterprise IT and external supply chain. However, for gains to be realized and potential fulfilled, all desktop virtualization projects must deliver high performance, persistent user data, high availability, and scalability.
Agencies require a solution like V3 Systems’ Desktop Cloud Computing Architecture to enjoy a 2 to 8 times faster than the local desktop or virtual image. V3’s well designed and implemented desktop cloud computing architecture will support agencies to help meet desktop virtualization goals, enhance service delivery to constituents, improve program execution, and demonstrate a rapid return on investment.
- Deliver Business Agility and Service Availability
- Easily Control and Manage Desktops
- Deliver a Better Desktop Experience
- Scale into the thousands with plug and play architecture
- Cloud Computing Strategy = Desktops in the cloud!
- E.O. #13415 = Energy Efficient Hardware | Solid State Storage in 1U & 2U appliance
- FDCCI = Serves up to 500 unique Users in a 2U rack mounted appliance
- Capable of being ruggedized and deployed down range for DOD purposes
V3 Solution Overview
Legacy Desktop Virtualization has been around for many years and has provided benefits that include centralized management, lower operating expenses, increased security, computing availability, and efficient application deployment. However, fast performance and scalability have been conspicuously absent from that list. Today, V3®’s Desktop Cloud Computing architecture makes it possible to add measurable performance improvements and high scalability to the value proposition of virtual desktops.
Increased Performance. V3 Systems delivers the fastest desktop cloud infrastructure in the industry today.
V3 Appliances use PCIe-based solid state as V3-certified storage. This provides faster access time for working data, and lower context switching, which minimizes unnecessary CPU usage when switching between applications to overcome the problems of slow performance and poor end user experience associated with VDI.
By keeping working memory (OS and Temp files) closer to the CPU, access latency is reduced by an order of magnitude while providing optimal use of
local storage. This architecture only leverages expensive shared storage (SANs and NAS) for persistent (user) data. So what does V3 mean to its Customers?
- V3 Guaranteed Performance: Every V3 Appliance is guaranteed to outperform high- performance physical desktops.
- V3 Guaranteed Utilization: Every V3 Appliance is guaranteed to maintain that superior performance, even at full capacity with heavy workload users.
- V3 Guaranteed Availability: Every V3 Appliance is delivered with V3’s Management & Optimized Desktop Allocation (“ODA”) Tools which enable Customers to migrate and access their persistent or non- persistent desktops in the Cloud locally or remotely, without sacrificing performance.
- Dramatic TCO Savings: Dramatic TCO savings are derived from the way V3 implements Desktop Cloud Infrastructure. Replacing high-density disk arrays with more cost-efficient V3 Appliances lowers energy and operational costs in addition to lowering capital or “cost per seat” expenditures.
- Improved Manageability. Legacy virtual desktop management is performed by a combination of SAN, networking, and core infrastructure administrators, which is unnecessarily complicated and expensive because of the large number of people involved. Moreover, it leaves desktop administrators completely out of the equation. V3’s simplified Desktop Cloud Architecture returns desktop control back to desktop administrators who can now manage thousands of desktops remotely, from centralized or decentralized locations.
- Improved Scalability. Because the V3 Appliance density and performance is so high, deployments result in lower sprawl with efficient machines that “drop in” to scale from 100’s, to 1000’s even 10’s of thousands without compromising V3’s Performance Guarantees.
V3’s Optimized Technology stack includes V3 Certified Storage™, the V3 Local Storage Management
Certified Storage utilizes best-of-breed Solid State technology and configures it optimally using best practices for local storage in V3 Appliances.(LSM) Framework™, and the Local V3 Manager™. The V3
V3 certifies the storage and builds the communications framework with its V3 Local Storage Management Framework.
Certified Storage and the managers located on theThe V3 LSM leverages best practices to bridge optimized two-way communications between the V3 appliances, as well as across networks. The V3 Manager monitors, manages, and optimizes the V3 Certified Storage for optimal configuration and reporting. Health and Performance are reported and delivered either to V3’s Local Management interface, or to VMware’s vCenter™ via a plugin.
V3 Systems’ Appliances are currently available in the following configurations:
|Virtual Desktops||50 to 80||70-120||100-150||190-320||240-400|
|Memory||72 GB||144 GB||288 GB||384 GB||512 GB|
|SSD Storage||320 GB||640 GB||1,280 GB||1,920 GB||1,920 GB|
Sales & Reseller Opportunities:
USA Corporate Headquarters: 6405 S. 3000 E. Suite 200 / Salt Lake City, Utah 84121, USA / 1.800.708.9896
Europe: Thomas R. Malthusstraat 3 / 1066 JR Amsterdam, The Netherlands / +31 (0) 20 669 63 66